Member Board of Recommendation
Organisation: Eindhoven University of Technology
Profession: University Professor
Specialisation: automotive, robotics, R&D, engineering
Address: Gem-Z 0.141, P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Maarten Steinbuch (1960) is professor in Systems- and Control at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). He received the M.Sc. and PhD degrees from Delft University of Technology, in 1984 and 1989 resp. From 1987-1998 he was with Philips Research and from 1998-1999 with Philips CFT. Since 1999 he is full professor of the Control Systems Technology group of the Mechanical Engineering Department of Eindhoven University of Technology. In 2003, 2005 and 2008 he obtained the ‘Best-Teacher’ award of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, TU/e. In 2008 as well as in 2014 his research group obtained the QANU excellence rating . His research interests are design and control of motion systems, robotics, automotive powertrains and of fusion plasmas. In 2013 he was appointed Distinguished University Professor at TU/e.
- editor-in-chief of IFAC Mechatronics
- scientific director of the TU/e High Tech Systems Center
- director of the TU/e Graduate Program Automotive Systems
- initiator of the TU/e Bachelor Automotive
- scientific director of the 3TU Research Centre High Tech Systems of the Federation of Dutch Technical Universities
- member of the board of AutomotiveNL
- member of the board of DITCM
- member of the Scientific Advisory Board of Austrian Center of Competence inMechatronics
- member of the Formule E team
- member of the advisory board of The High Tech Institute
- member of the advisory board of Nobleo Technology B.V.
- co-founder and CTO of MI-Partners B.V.
- co-founder and trainer of Mechatronics Academy B.V.
- founder and director of Steinbuch in Motion B.V.
- over Elektrisch vervoer 26-06-2011 bij Knevel en van den Brink
- interview in Mechatronica Magazine
- Video documentaire FLL/Techniekpromotie voor Leraar24
- RTL4 Nieuws, 25-04-2012 RoboCup Dutch Open (vanaf 18:20)
- NOS op 3 25-04-2012 RoboCup Dutch Open (vanaf 5:35)
- SBS 6 Peter R de Vries 29-04-2012 Stenengooiers (vanaf 13:45)
- RTL4 Nieuws 17-05-2012 EcoChallenge
- BBC World 26/27-05-2012 BBC Horizons Robotics
- EditieNL 07-06-2012 “Robots nemen ons leven over“
- Volkskrant Wetenschapsbijlage Zaterdag 2 juni 2012
- De toekomst van de Europese auto-industrie – Radio 1 http://shar.es/cZEWp
- Interview door Vincent Evers op LeafPlan
- Voordracht op Eindsymposium STT SuperIntelligent Vervoer, 5 feb 2013
- “Caring Cars and Curing Robots“, TEDxBrainport talk, june 2013
- interview Hoe?Zo! radio 7 juni, vanaf 50:55 over elektrisch rijden en CO2
- Item van Radio 1 over de Fyra, bij het Spoorwegmuseum
- BBCNews about Robocup2013
- KinderCollege Robots @RoboCup2013
- “From windmills to robots...” Robotics Business Review
- Plenary talk at the 2013 ACC “Advanced Motion Control for High Tech systems“
- Is de Tesla Model S P85+ gaaf?
- Interview op Jij Leeft blogpost
- Talk ‘Car Challenges‘ at E Mobility Conference Oct 2013
- Altijd Wat over Robotica 9 sept 2014
- Nieuwsuur over Elektrisch Rijden 11 sept 2014
- Promo Parktheater Eindhoven 50 jaar
- Now Future Talkshow, VPRO, Dutch Design Week, 24 oktober 2014
- Beleggen Internationaal bij RTL7